Saturday, September 27, 2008

Going to Pagosa Springs

Onward to Pagosa Springs

Fall colors in the mountains

Chimney Rock

The highlight of this day was the view of Chimney Rock. Another cool start - 52 degrees with sporadic showers.

In Pagosa the temperature is in the upper 60's with lots of clouds. Fortunately it wasn't too windy. The hotel we're at has a series of hot springs; the sulphur smell is very prevalent, even in our rooms.

Need to rest for the big one tomorrow, 140 miles to Taos and a rest day!

5 comments:

Pam Hunt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam Hunt said...

Hi Mark
It is so exciting to read about your adventure and the photos are truly breathtaking. I am so proud that you took the challenge to do this. I will always remember my cross USA trip an a once in a lifetime opportunity.
I picked up some goat head thorns that caused a headache of flat tires...something that you and your bike mates might want to check out.

Happy biking!

Justin said...

Glad to hear everything is going well so far. We are reading your entries daily. Nice pics of the Grand Canyon! Also that mexican hat rock. Amazing that it doesn't fall over in strong wind.
Good luck with the 140 mile ride, I guess you are doing that as I type this.

Rick Bosshardt said...

Hi Mark!
How's the altitude issue? Hope it is resolve for now. No fun riding with a headache, etc. We are having a gorgeous weekend; blue skies and cool mornings. Fall is here at last. Pagosa Springs was a neat place. Can't wait to see photos of Taos. I've heard a lot about it. Great place for a rest day. How are you legs holding up? any soreness? Hard to believe you are almost done with your second week.
Ride on......
Rick

Lester said...

Hey Mark,
Sounds like it's a great trip and going well overall. Whenever I pull out of the driveway I think of you riding by... you just took a little detour to the West Coast and will be back shortly! I'll be checking back... keep up the strong ridin'!